As every single one of us has parents, forming some sort of attachment is normal however my question today revolves around the fact that my darling husband is away on business in India, he doesn't get to travel regularly and so this was a great opportunity for him. Our children are particularly attached to him. For this I am exceedingly grateful as he will automatically take responsibility for getting them to bed and spending a little "quality" time with each of them when he gets home after a long day, leaving me time to finish packing the dishwasher, or folding the washing and sometimes even just giving me half an hour in front of the tube on my own (with the remote).
Our daughter, I must admit suffers with what I am calling "Mild Attachment Disorder". When MAD sets in I have to deal with her having everything from a slight head-ache to complete and utter emotional breakdown. I am not the most tolerant of mothers and often recommend a good dose of Calpol. If this has failed to alleviate the MAD symptoms then I often find it easier just to screech and shout and cry along with her.
However, I have realised that I too have formed an attachment to my husband. Yes, I love him and I know our children do too, but loving someone and needing someone are completely different things. I have realised that when my husband is away I do not "cope" half as well. I like to think this is because we have become a fine oiled "team machine" where he is the calm, sensible voice of reason side while I am the screaming, shouting slamming doors action side, Having come to this revelation, I realise that I am just as MAD as our daughter and that in fact her MADness comes from me.
In essence it's all about "MONKEY SEE, MONKEY DO". So perhaps I should cut her and myself some slack and not be too concerned about how MAD we really are? Until Rob get's home and things return to what is quite clearly our normal, completely dysfunctional maybe, but our normal.
In love and light (and perhaps some darkness too)
Tracey
No comments:
Post a Comment